We will be hosting contests for several games systems as well as d20 systems. You can find the results of past contests at the bottom of the page.
The Unofficial TGC Design Challenge 1
IcePack Games is proud to present ‘The Unofficial TGC Design Challenge 1”
Design a game using only the parts below that are available on The Game Crafter.
Deadline for Submissions: August 30, 2011
Judging: Judging will be done by the IPG Game Squad and the winner will be announced Sept. 30, 2011.
Prizes: Bragging Rights and a $50 gift certificate for the Game Crafter
1. Submitted games must have have rules in pdf format and all needed images.
2. Designers retain copyright. This challenge features blind testing so divulging a games source will disqualify it from the challenge. The designer may publish their game after the challenge is over.
3. All submissions need to include the following header information as the first few lines of the rules:
Version: <Number>, <Date>
Players: <Number of>
Components: <parts required for play>
4. Entries do not need to be created specifically for this contest, but they cannot be winners from previously judged competitions.
5. Each entry should be proofread prior to submission.
6. Entries will be accepted in the following formats pdf and images can be in png or jpg.
7. Submit entries to email@example.com.
8. Judging will be done by a group of gamers over a series of game nights. Each game will be rated on several factors to determine the winning game.
9. All entries will be available after the contest with the top three games being released in a box set at cost.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
Clarity of rules
Use of components
You may use any of the following TGC game parts to make your game.
2 printed sheets
what fits on a sheet
8 4x4 game boards
2 4x10 game boards
1 10x10 or 10x16 game board
3 dice (any three)
what is considered a pawn
avatar pawn, bowling pin, large bowling pin, meeple
what is considered a token
resource tokens, cube, octobox, barrel, bottle, token chip
what is considered a wink
wink, little wink
Total Cost of game not to exceed $9.00
IcePack Games Contest Page
The Game Crafter
These are the submissions from the IcePack Games' Unofficial TGC Challenge.
'Animus' from Nightstalker Games
'The Barrel and the Bottle' from Darryl Hardin
'Castes of India' from Anthony Tyler
*'Componegotiate' from Van Ryder Games
*'Fallen Order' from Nightstalker Games
'Pointless Wachy Untested Game I Made Up One Afternoon' from Fractal Evolution Games
'Top of the Tower' from Scott Swisher
*'Walls of Light' from Jesse Catron
* - Finalist
The winner is Jesse Catron's "Walls of Light"!!!
The Road to Balticon 45
IcePack Games is proud to present our first Facebook promotional giveaway. This game giveaway begins January 31st and ends on May 26th, 2011. Every time 200 people “Like” the IcePack Games Facebook fan page we will raffle off a random game from our catalogue. But that’s not all! We are also giving away a gift certificate to The Game Crafter, a unique store full of self published games, valued at $35. Be one of our first 100 fans to be eligible for this great prize. So go to Facebook now and “Like” the IcePack Games fan page to receive updates on all our latest news including new game releases, and for your chance to win in our first ever Facebook fan appreciation giveaway.
Julie Doble was the winner of our TGC Gift Certificate.